The Mummy MOT is a post-natal physiotherapy assessment for all women following vaginal or caesarean deliveries, from 6 weeks post-delivery or even many years later.
Who needs a Mummy MOT?
Most women would benefit from this specialist assessment.
It is very common for women to have postural changes and weakness in their tummy and/or pelvic floor muscles following vaginal or caesarean deliveries.
These weaknesses can then create:
- muscle imbalances
- poor core strength around the pelvis
These can lead to:
- back pain
- pelvic pain
- bladder and bowel issues
- pelvic organ prolapse.
You may have no symptoms at all; you may be struggling with some or all of them. Either way, this assessment will identify any problem areas and will guide you through a programme of exercises to help avoid or reduce any symptoms.
What does a Mummy MOT involve?
- 1 Hour post-natal assessment with Hannah, our specialist post-natal physiotherapist and certified Mummy MOT practitioner
- A check to see how your posture, pelvic floor and stomach muscles are recovering after birth.
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy or birth.
- A detailed report and tailored exercise programme
If you would like more information or to book an appointment, please call us on 01642 205975.
There is also more information found here: https://www.themummymot.com/about/